UCSF SAFE mobile app for iOS and Android devices.
Discuss risk reduction safety tips to use on and off campus. Learn about the new UCSF Safety App! Download it here:
Safety Presentation with UCSF Police Department
2019 Calendar Pending
National Night Out co-sponsored by SFPD Southern Station and UCSF Police Department
THANK YOU TO ALL WHO PARTICIPATED AUGUST 6TH!
@SFPDSouthern police officers, along with an appearance by McGruff the Crime Dog. We hope to see you then!
Description: Celebrate National Night Out with our neighbors! Join us for #NationalNightOut tomorrow, August 6th! Bring your family and friends to meet #UCSF and
Active Threat Presentation sponsored by UCSF Police Department and UC Health Security Services
Date & Time: Thursday, 10/17, 11:00
Location: Mission Hall Room 2107
Description: “Active threat” situations will be discussed along with "Run, Hide, Fight" video instruction. Interactive questions available with UCSF Police Department.
American Heart Association - Basic Life Support (BLS) Class sponsored by UCSF Police Department
Date & Time: Friday, October 25, 2019, 0800-1200
Location: UCSF Tivoli Room-3rd Floor, 654 Minnesota Street, SF
Description: 100% classroom training means students are with an AHA Instructor for their entire learning experience.
BLS: Adult, Child, Infant - CPR AED is a video-based, instructor-led course that teaches students critical skills needed to respond to and manage an emergency until emergency medical services arrives. In the Instructor-led format, students participate in simulated clinical scenarios and learning stations. Students work with an AHA BLS Instructor to complete BLS skills practice and skills testing. Students also complete a written exam in class.
This course teaches skills with the AHA’s research-proven practice-while-watching technique, which allows instructors to observe the students, provide feedback, and guide the students’ learning of skills.
- Importance of high-quality CPR and its impact on survival
- Application of the steps of the Chain of Survival
- Signs of someone needing CPR
- High-quality CPR skills acquisition for adults, children and infants
- Importance of early use of an AED
- AED skill demonstration
- Effective ventilations with a barrier device
- Multirescuer resuscitation and skill acquisition
- Techniques for relief of foreign-body airway obstruction (choking) for adults, children and infants
- Course is updated with the new science from the 2015 AHA Guidelines Update for Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation and Emergency Cardiovascular Care
- CLASS REGISTRATION CLOSED as of 10/18/2019
San Francisco Fleet Week - Peer-to-Peer Medical Exchange (MedEx) - THANK YOU FOR PARTICIPATING
Date & Time: Wednesday, October 9, 2019 10:00-14:00
Location: UCSF Rutter Center
Description: The 2019 San Francisco Fleet Week Peer-to-Peer Medical Exchange Program (MedEx) unites the San Francisco Bay Area’s medical and first responder community with the United States Navy and Marine Corps medical services and key private sector partners in functional and notional exercises to execute patient treatment in a large-scale, austere, disaster setting. The MedEx serves as a critical testing environment for operational information sharing, coordinated resource movement, tactical allocation of military and civilian medical assets, and best practices.
Pre-registration is required: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/2019-san-francisco-fleet-week-peer-to-peer-medical-exchange-registration-38443864634
The Great California ShakeOut 2019 - THANK YOU FOR PARTICIPATING
Date & Time: Thursday October 17th; 10:17 am
Location: UCSF Campus Wide
Description: The Great California ShakeOut is an annual opportunity to practice safety during big earthquakes: "Drop, Cover and Hold On." The ShakeOut has also been organized to encourage you, your community, your school, or your organization to review and update emergency preparedness plans and supplies, and to secure your space in order to prevent damage and injuries.
UCSF CERT 2019
Date & Time: Saturday, October 19, 2019 0900-1400
Location: St. Ignatius College Prepararatory School, 2001 37th Avenue, San Francisco
Description: In continuing our valued partnership with San Francisco NERT, San Francisco NERT October Drill celebrates 30th Year Anniversary of the Loma Prieta EQ Disaster Response Drill. UCSF CERT last hosted San Francisco NERT training at UCSF Laurel Heights in Spring 2019. Regular participation in NERT activities continues through the year. This is a good way to practice perishable skills training. Please wear comfortable clothing (including closed-toed, closed shoes), bring your NERT gear, and NERT photo ID (separate from UCSF CERT badge).
- The SFFD will activate response to a catastrophic event in this day-long simulation drill. Trained NERT volunteers from all over San Francisco will convene at St. Ignatius College Preparatory School (rain or shine) to put their training into action. NERT volunteers will practice search and rescue techniques, patient triage, setting up neighborhood command centers, and other essential disaster response skills.
- SFFD personnel will also exercise the communications and command functions of responding to a large-scale earthquake emergency, with emergency reports from field companies and NERT teams being received and processed at the Battalion Station level.
- Partner activities include the PG&E Electric Safety Board, the SFPUC/Water Department drinking water display and the SF Fire Reserves operating the Auxiliary Water Supply.
UCSF CERT - SAVE THE DATE 2019 TRAINING AND IN-SERVICE