UCSF Medical Center Employees or Affiliates
Please contact your home department or UCSF Medical Center contact for further information and authorization to obtain a UCSF Medical Center ID card.
When you have received authorization, contact the UCSF Medical Center Security Division at 885-7890 to get your ID card, The Medical Center ID Badging station is located at M-192 (Moffitt, 1st Floor, Room 192)
To add proximity access to your UCSF Medical Center ID Card send an email to:
- email@example.com (for access to Parnassus Medical Center, including internal access between Moffitt and Medical Science Building, and most ACC access)
- firstname.lastname@example.org (for UCSF Medical Center employees or affiliates who require access to campus facilities)
The email should contain:
- First and last name
- UCSF ID number (begins with 02)
- 8-digit number on back of UCSF Medical Center ID badge
- Building and room number, plus actual access code (if known)
UCSF Faculty, Postdocs and Staff
Contact your manager, supervisor or PI to request authorization for a new or replacement ID card.
New ID Cards
Contact your school’s administration for information on receiving your UCSF ID card.
- Get approval from your school’s administration to receive a new ID card (regardless of who is paying for the card).
- If the school is paying for the card, a representative must enter the DPA and fund into the ICRD screen.
- Go to a service location and bring one acceptable form of identification.
- Contact your school’s administration if you have questions.
UCSF Contractors and Affiliates
If you are a contractor, vendor or volunteer who is not paid through UCSF’s payroll, you must supply required information to the UCSF department that hired you. They will inform you when you can obtain your UCSF ID card.